Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dresses & More Dresses plus My Avatar!



Sooooo many dresses this weekend!

So this is so cute, on TheKnot.com which every bride MUST register for, you can create your own "Bride Avatar"! Here is mine...


I think my avatar sums me up pretty well. Simple, classic, fit to flare, blonde..hahaha!

Wedding dress shopping was very fun this weekend. First was the White Dress where they had gorgeous dresses but they were all a little $$$$$$. First step is determining which style you like best! This is very hard and women are all around you in dresses that are hysterical and that you may like but don't necessarily fit you.
I was in love with the Monique Lhuillier Scarlet which did not fit me well! I was surprised that the dresses that looked best on me were not what I had thought!



Next was David's Bridal!!! My Grandmother and Mother were more interested in the other people there and bride watching than me! They have some potential dresses but you can kind of see where the value goes just in the fabric's alone.

Last was Mon Amie which had a fabulous dress that I loved! I am going to check out one more place before I make my final decision!

Important things to remember when you go dress shopping:
1. Bring an honest friend/family member. You need people to guide you in the right direction because it is overwhelming!
2. Go to David's Bridal after you see Couture Gowns! Going first may make you rull it out right away!
3. Wear underwear, leave the thong at home. No one needs to see your booty!
4. Do not expect to take pictures because most places do not allow you to, take vivid memories of the dress. Write down what exactly you like about it, the feel of it, the train, etc.!
5. Ask for the name of the designer and style and then google "monqieu lhuillier scarlet discounted" You never know what you might find!
6. Don't be opposed to renting one! www.Onenightaffair.com





xoxo,
Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment